Hello, Artist and welcome.
My name is Mandy Steward. I am an artist, writer, and teacher. I teach art locally and here online.
I created a correspondence school called TheMagicSchool.us.
I blog here at Messy Canvas regularly about art, living and magic.
I self-publish a subscription based ‘Zine for artists called the SecretMessageSociety.com where we explore curiosity and celebrate our life artistically.
I have written (or co-written) several eBooks which you can find in my shop under the heading Inspiration or Spirituality. I also wrote a spiritual memoir called Thrashing About With God: Finding Faith on the Other Side of Everything. I attribute my personal freedom to the process of writing this book.
Messy Canvas is a space for daring to create your own world utilizing your very own magic.
I have a passion for art, and especially art's ability to recreate reality according to that which I value. My life is dedicated to imaginatively playing with the data collected from "the real world" so I can create the beauty and meaning I most need to find. This is my choice. To do this requires: my living, my freedom and my happiness. I have high standards, big desires and great expectations. My greatest spiritual need is to seek and enjoy.
I believe in artists as magicians. What will you create?
This is where I'm headed:
- Participation in bringing order to chaos as opposed to withdrawing mySelf
- Creating routines and longevity
- Focusing on the here and now and creating towards the next and new.
- Acting on feelings AND not discounting rational thought
- Softening in my skin
- Being of Service to mySelf
- Gaining self-confidence and pride through experience
- Taking risks in spite of fears
- Valuing details
- Taking ownership of what is mine to own
- Focusing on and werkin' my magic
- Making mySelf clear
- Creating the world for which I long
- Keep Moving Forward